Here at Acquiesce we’re looking to hire a full-time Recovery Coach.
A bit about us
Acquiesce is an addiction treatment facility offering a real solution to issues of addiction. This is a 7 day a week service including bank holidays, evening and weekend shifts.
The Acquiesce model provides a highly supported safe and secure environment whilst not being hidden from the real world. This allows individuals to gain all the tools and experience necessary for an ongoing and sustainable recovery.
The model of Acquiesce includes a core program which addresses the psychological, biological, spiritual and social effects of addiction. Incorporating the latest evidence based interventions, alternative therapies and activities.
About the role
The post holder will:
- Build positive relationships with the recovery community and external agencies
- Work primarily at the housing base of residents and the treatment centre
- Complete outreach with service users to support them to access the recovery community, community venues and external agencies
- Facilitate access to community assets and external agencies to ensure that a service user is engaging in activities to enhance their recovery journey i.e education, exercise, social activities, health care etc
- Support the Recovery Practitioner in delivery of the recovery plan
- Ensure safety checks are completed at resident housing sites and any issues are reported immediately
- Work inclusively with family members and immediate others of service users
- Ensure cohesion is encouraged between service users and staff members
- Promote inclusion and motivate service users to support their peers safely
(This post is subject to a DBS check at an enhanced level)
- 2 years’ experience of working within substance misuse recovery services or a health and social care setting
- Professional qualification in health and social care
- Knowledge of the issues facing service users
- Knowledge of recovery communities
- Ability to use data collection systems and record information i.e service user notes
- An excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in written form
- Good standard of computer literacy
- Experience of working alone and as part of a team
- Ability to work flexibly to deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain positive relations both with service users, internal staff members and with external agencies
- Ability to manage professional boundaries
- A commitment to professional development
- A positive professional attitude
- An understanding of equally and diversity and ability to work within these parameters
- Full clean driving licence
- Own vehicle for business use
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV to Danielle.